Are You A Young Canadian Chef Looking For A Challenge?
Can you create a concise and coherent winning recipe? If you’re a young Canadian chef, under 28, and working full-time with a professional kitchen, then you can enter the Hawksworth Young Chef Scholarship competition.
To apply you must create a recipe for a main course dish that only uses ingredients sourced from this pantry. The recipe must serve four people and be completed within two hours. See example recipe submission here
Your application package must include:
- Candidate details
- Employment & qualifications
- Food costing
- High-resolution photo of your completed plate
Chef David Hawksworth and Chef Chris Stewart will select the regional heat competitors. Shortlisted chefs will be chosen based upon the following criteria:
- A well-thought out, creative dish
- Use of common table ingredients (quality, not quantity)
- Thoroughness of recipe package
- Accuracy of costing based on market prices
- Practical method/timeline of work