Are You A Canadian Chef Looking For A Challenge?
We are currently looking for applications for the 2020 Regional Heat Competitions in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Toronto, where only 10 chefs will be selected from each city to compete against each other. The winner and runner-up in each city will be invited to compete in the National Finals Competition.
January 6, 2020 Applications Open
March 9, 2020 Applications Due
March 13, 2020 Regional Competitors Selected
May, 2020 Regional Heat Competitions
October, 2020 National Finals Culinary Education Week and Competition
- Ages 30 and under (must not be over age 30 by October 31, 2020)
- Must be working full-time with a professional kitchen
- Must be a Canadian resident
To Apply, You Must Submit An Original Main Course Dish Recipe:
- Must only use the ingredients from the PANTRY LIST.
- Must serve 4 people
- Must be completed within 90 minutes
- Must include:
- Ingredient List
- Food Costing
- High-Resolution Photo of the Completed Dish
See example recipe submission HERE.
Applicants will be selected by Chef David Hawksworth and Chef Chris Stewart, based on the following criteria:
- CREATIVITY: a well-thought out dish and use of common table ingredients
- ORGANIZATION: thoroughness of recipe package
- TECHNICAL SKILL: practical method and timeline of work, as well as accuracy of costing based on market prices