Are You A Young Canadian Chef Looking For A Challenge?
Can you create a concise and coherent winning recipe? If you’re a young Canadian chef, under 28, and working full-time with a professional kitchen, then you can enter the Hawksworth Young Chef Scholarship competition.
To apply you must create a recipe for a main course dish that only uses ingredients sourced from this pantry. The recipe must serve four people and be completed within two hours.
Your application package must include:
- Candidate details
- Employment & qualifications
- Food costing
- High-resolution photo of your completed plate
Chef David Hawksworth will select the regional heat competitors. Shortlisted chefs will be chosen based upon the following criteria:
- A well-thought out, creative dish
- Use of common table ingredients (quality, not quantity)
- Thoroughness of recipe package
- Accuracy of costing based on market prices
- Practical method/timeline of work